As you may have noticed, we have launched a new version of the Propeciahelp.com website. This new design incorporates an "information portal" front-end (in addition to the discussion forum), which will allow the Propeciahelp organization to better support increasing global awareness of persistent Finasteride side effects.
- Immediate visiblity of critical Propeciahelp & Finasteride-related news
- Overview of Propeciahelp.com and the Post-Finasteride Syndrome, to help orientate new users & other interest groups
- Subscribe to news & articles using your mobile phone or web browser, via RSS feeds
- International language support for selected content, and improved Google results for foreign language search terms
- Integration with social media networks -- Facebook, Twitter, YouTube (coming soon)
- Integrated platform for statistical user surveys, to help support ongoing scientific research
- More to come...
To all those who have helped contribute to the site and discussion forum over the years -- thank you for your hard work, perseverance and dedication. Medical, media and social awareness about persistent Finasteride side effects is spreading, thanks to our collective efforts and others around the world.
Hopefully, eventually the medical and research community will find the impetus to investigate the root cause of our syndrome, in order to find a cure. If you wish to give us feedback on the new site, you can discuss it here.
Mew - Administrator, Propeciahelp.com
Awor - Moderator, Propeciahelp.com
Propeciahelp.com is an international patient organization for men suffering from persistent sexual, mental & physical side effects from the drug Finasteride (Propecia, Proscar, generics), a 5-alpha reductase Type II (5AR2) enzyme inhibitor frequently sold as a treatment for male pattern baldness, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and as androgen deprivation therapy for prostate cancer.
Finasteride significantly reduces DHT levels in the body by inhibiting the 5AR2 enzyme, thus preventing the metabolism of Testosterone to Dihydrotestosterone (DHT, the most potent male androgen). Finasteride is also documented to inhibit the 5AR-reduction of Progesterone to Allopregnanolone, and Deoxycorticosterone to THDOC -- both vital neurosteroids which normally act on GABA-A receptors in the brain to exert anti-depressant and anti-anxiety effects.
All men on this forum suffer from persistent mental, physical and sexual side effects that occurred during their usage of Finasteride, or which manifested shortly after discontinuing the drug. Propeciahelp.com thus exists as a place of support for men suffering from the Post-Finasteride Syndrome, and as a resource to try and understand how & why the drug caused these problems, and how we might recover from them.